Thursday, July 23, 2009

37 Years Young

This past week has been an eventful few days for me. Alot has happened. My cousin JoAnn McCoy passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was a real sweet lady. Her funeral was this past Monday with the viewing on Sunday. Once again, another close family member has passed away. It seems that this is a never ending battle for me. Every so often a death has occurred and have to go on with this life and live without someone else in it. She was a grandmotherly person in my life. She was so full of love for everyone in the family. She started the Pierce/Durfee family reunion many years ago and has kept it alive since then. This year's reunion was a few days before her passing, so she wasn't able to attend. When mom and I visited her a few weeks before, she was in such good mood and such vibrant health, we were surprised somewhat when she passed. I didn't go to the viewing instead spending the time with one of my "besties" as we call ourselves.

Joey was fun to be with during that time. She picked me up from the hotel and we went back to her house to spend some time together and her family. We cooked smores and the kids and her husband went swimming in their pool. It looked like fun in the pool as her husband threw the kids about and the laughter and fun time was infectious. I gave her a birthday gift (her birthday being today July 23rd) and she got upset with me. She said she loved it but I shouldn't of gave her anything. But it was my idea to give it to her anyways. She thought I was kidding and she was hoping I wouldn't give her anything. But I had to. It was fun surprising her with the small gift.

When she drove me back to the hotel later that night, we said our goodbyes and I got out of her van, the shorts I was wearing fell down. Swoosh they were down. No warning just down they went, to the knees. I was so embarrassed I didn't turn around hoping she did not see what had just happened. As I chatted with her tonight I found out she did in fact not see what happened. I had the belt tightened as tight as I could, I guess I have to get the drill out again and make another hole in the belt.

Monday at the funeral, it was a good turn out. JoAnn touched so many people's lives. She taught thousands and thousands piano over her 50 plus years teaching. Many cakes, many parties. There was so many people there to honor her. After the family goodbyes/closing of the casket, I was amazed that the whole chapel was filled with family and friends. I don't think there could of been anyone else sit in the pews. We were all elbow to elbow. If anyone else showed up, the overflow would of had to been opened up. It was good to have so many show up to pay tribute to a very fine lady.

Tuesday was my birthday. The day started off really uneventful. I received a few birthday wishes from friends and family throughout the day. Then talking with the wife about getting our tattoos. She has told me the past little while that she wanted one and wouldn't allow me to get another without her getting one first. So as the day went by, she told me lets plan on getting our tattoos tonight. It was a total surprise. I never thought she would follow through with it. We originally planned on going to Olive Garden for dinner and movie with Jeff and his wife. Since it was only a few days before I could begin to eat anything, with no restrictions, but with JoAnn's passing I canceled those plans because at the time we didn't know when the funeral would be. It's a good thing we did cancel, because in the end there was an emergency and wouldn't of been able to do anything.

Jen, Jeff's wife, had to have emergency surgery that night. She had a case of appendicitis and had to be rushed into LDS Hospital to have the surgery. But thank goodness nothing happened and it didn't burst. That could of been a major problem. Earlier I took her to the hospital because their truck needs a few repairs and Jeff was at work. She was in a lot of pain and just didn't feel good for the past few days. I'm glad to say she is back home and recuperating. Glad nothing happened to her.

It was real fun getting the tattoos with Heather and have made plans with my sisters to have one done with them too. And if Joey gets the nerve up, I hope to have one with her as well. Heather and I plan on having 1 more done together, then by then I should have everything I want. Each one of my tattoos have special meaning in my life.

My first tattoo I got with Jeff while on a business trip down in Cedar City. It is the symbol of the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps, the marching group I belonged to in 1990 and 1991. My second tattoo was on another business trip to Price, Utah this time. It is a dream catcher with 6 feathers coming off of it, each symbolizing one of my kids. My third tattoo was my tribute to my father, being a member of Coastal Division 11 during the Viet Nam war, the snoopy, is half way done. I have to go back and have it finished. My 4th tattoo is my tribute to my Uncle Byron, who was my best friend for all my life, up to when he died 13 years ago. It is an outline of a 1967 Fender Mustang guitar with a frog sitting on a lilly pad inside the body of the guitar with the words "Lookin' Through Byron's Eyes" which was the song he wrote about his life. That last one was the one I got for my birthday.

If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.

- Courtney Kuchta -

Your Name

I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in my heart,
and forever it will stay.

- Jessica Blade -


Love Is ...

Love is the greatest feeling,
Love is like a play,
Love is what I feel for you,
Each and every day,
Love is like a smile,
Love is like a song,
Love is a great emotion,
That keeps us going strong,
I love you with my heart,
My body and my soul,
I love the way I keep loving,
Like a love I can't control,
So remember when your eyes meet mine,
I love you with all my heart,
And I have poured my entire soul into you,
Right from the very start.

- Meghan -

All the love that history knows,
is said to be in every rose.
Yet all that could be found in two,
is less than what I feel for you.

- Author Unknown -

No comments:

Post a Comment