Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 21 - The Doctor Visit

Today I went into my 3 week weight loss check up with the doctor. The doctor came in and I literally had to pick up his jaw when I told him my weight loss. I told him 37.8 lbs and he gasped. 37.8 lbs is not much less than what his "normal" weight loss patients report to him AFTER a series is over. Today is the half way mark. He told me I will be his biggest weight loss of any of his patients. I was really hoping for the 40 lb mark, but am totally happy with what I have done so far. 37.8 lbs is nothing to shake a stick at.

The doctor then asked me if I had any questions, which I didn't. He then took my measurements. Total of around 12 inches lost all over my body. 4 inches around my chest. 2 inches around my waist. 4 inches around my hips. 1 1/4 inches from each of my arms and 1/2 inch from my thighs. The first time the doctor took my measurements, he had a hard time wrapping his arms around to get my chest measurement. This time he had no problems getting around my chest.

The doctor has increased my dosage. I'm not sure why but I'll be glad for it, that should help with more weight loss. I should be able to help even more. I am hopping for a total loss of 65+ lbs for the whole series.

I did a lot of reading up and checking out this program before I even started, yet I went there as a skeptic. I did it to say I did it and to prove that it didn't work. Boy was I wrong. This thing worked better than I had ever believed it would. In the beginning I was only hoping for Jen's results, 25 lbs lost and total of 15 inches. My clothes all fit big. My back pain is almost non-existent. My knee pain is manageable. I have more energy than I have had in years. I had to tighten up my belt by 2 notches in order to keep my pants on, which I'm sure the public is glad of.

I've had some major cravings over the past 3 weeks, but I don't think it was because of actually wanting the items, but out of habit of getting those items and eating them until I was sick. The couple of times I have eaten things that I shouldn't of, I felt sick to my stomach. Hoping I would just throw up and get it out of my body. 3 weeks ago, that would be my normal feeling. I would eat and eat and eat until I couldn't eat any more, then I'd eat some more. I can't believe I lived like that for so many years. I have learned good portion sizes. What I should and shouldn't eat. No cravings for soda. Very little cravings for sweets. No cravings for chips or anything like that. People can eat those things right in front of me and I would not even want to eat any.

For once in my life, I feel that I have my life back. I have so many plans on what I want to do. I want to hike all the trails at Capital Reef. I want to run races. I have plans on running a 5k with my best friend down in Richfield, Utah next year. I want to run (not walk) the local different 5k races. I want to become a motivational speaker for obese patients. An advocate for the obese and the legislation. And I have even thought of becoming a personal trainer.

There is so much going through my head during this process. There are areas of my life that need to change. For the longest time I have not been happy, I have used food as comfort. I have never faced my 'demons' until now. Until I began this blog. Until this blog, I never realized what I wanted. I know what, for the most part, I want and need in my life. Now just trying to find that "process" is my next battle. But either way, what ever happens in my personal life, I know I gave it my all. No matter what happens, this weight loss journey will never stop. Will never stop until I reach my goal and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment