Saturday, May 30, 2009

2 Weeks up already?!?!?!?


Well 2 weeks were up yesterday. Day 1 of the HCG injections was less intrusive than I thought it would be. The shots themselves don't hurt, it's getting over the fact that I have to shove this piece of metal into my body. This is a new thing for me. Eventhough I was an EMT for 12 years, did CNA work for 4 and had a mom for a nurse for over 4o years, had to take Heather's own blood on more than one occassion because the nurses couldn't find a vein and do it properly, I HATE NEEDLES!!!! The doctor I went to, Dr. Dunkley, was a very nice person. He took the time to answer all my questions, he went the extra step to draw my blood, he just had wonderful bedside manners. I think I'm going to enjoy going to him.

Once it came time for me to give myself the injection, and once he found out that I have had medical training, he felt that he did not need to show me how to prepare the shot or inject myself. I placed the needle on the syringe, injected the needle into the HCG, drew out the appropriate 1.5 cc, then I sat there for 30 to 45 seconds with the needle barely touching my skin, then I thought "Why be a wuss?" and just pushed it in. Eventhough the needle itself was 2 1/2 inches long, it was so thin, that when I took it out, it didn't even bleed. It is so thin, the initial shock of giving yourself a shot is the worst part, I can't even feel it.

Day 1 was so exciting. The begining of this new journey for me. After the doctor appointment, we (Jeff, Jen and I) decided that we was going to go to Golden Corral to eat lunch. I had to be fasting for some blood work, and had been thinking of food the whole morning.

The first 3 days of the diet, we are to eat anything and everything, and then eat a little more. I'm not on the strict 500 calorie diet yet. That begins Monday.

I got home from Salt Lake around 1 pm and decided since I have been up for nearly 24 hours, I had best get some sleep since it was my anniversary and I wanted to do something with my wife of 16 years. About 3:30 pm I got a wake up call that dad is in the hospital with pulmonary emboli, blood clots in his lungs. I got up and dressed and rushed over to the hospital to give him a blessing and to make sure he is ok. I was there for a few hours and came home and Heather had to take the kids swimming for their reward for doing good in school. My time with Heather was gone. Scary situation, but I believe will end up being ok.

Day 2 of the HCG injections. I figured I'd give them about 6 am since that is the time I would be coming home from work. I need to give them about the same time each day. Well with not getting much sleep yesterday, I slept in past my alarm. I ended up giving my shot at 7 am and once again had that short little pause, before I could give myself the shot. Heather volunteered to do it for me, but I knew she wouldn't be able to. I have to man up and do it myself :o).

I have received so much support with this. I have been surprised by the amount of outpouring support by people that I never imagined. It has been a real eye opener for me. I will do this, I will be successful and I will be healthy in a very short time. I will be. NO MORE I HOPE. I WILL BE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are as excited about this as you are. I can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do so good with this!! I wish I would have known you were thinking of doing this. My cousin did it...with great results. I have some information I would have liked to give you, but thats ok. I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete