Thursday, May 14, 2009

Late Nights....

I sit here at work thinking about life almost every night. Life has dealt me such a rough hand. I've had to bury many loved ones, including a son. I've had major financial problems, marital problems, depression, dealing with what ifs and if nots. I have some major health issues, due to choices I've made over the years. I sometimes feel unworthy of any happiness because anything I've found that made me happy, I've had to fight for. I don't say this to say my life is harder than anyone else's, but to sort of explain reasons why I've made some choices I've made.

Amanda was born August 30, 1997, the day Princes Diana died. Heather and I watched the whole thing transpired while the labor increased. Many people thought we should of named her Diana after Princess Diana, but we didn't, we kept our plans. Her middle name is Clarice, after Heather's grandmother's name. Heather had no problems that I can remember with this pregnancy that I can remember, our first and "normal" delivery. Amanda was born in LDS Hospital in Salt Lake Utah. For the most part, was a wonderful experience. Amanda was normal in every way possible. No major medical issues at birth, no extra days spent in any medical units. A blessing that we didn't have to go through that again.

Shelley was born August 19, 1999 in the old hospital in Tooele. The first of our brood to be born here in Tooele. She was also a normal delivery. Only issue during the pregnancy was that Heather developed gestational diabetes. Having dealt with diabetes all my life, I knew how to take care of her. Luckily, all she had to do was control it by diet. Once again, no major medical problems associated with her birth.

Randall on the other hand, born July 5th, 2001 he was born a little early. He developed breathing problems and was transferred into Primary Children's Hospital, right back to NICU we went. The transfer was completed and we found ourselves in the same room we spent so many of the days Elijah was there. Once the nursing staff found that out, we were moved to another room. Randall only spent 2 or 3 weeks in NICU, much better experience than being there for 81 days and loosing a son on our last "visit". Once again, all the staff there was awesome. They know their stuff. Randall wasn't as in dire straights as Elijah was so it was a much easier time for us there. Since then, no major medical issues has come about. Just like Elijah, when ever he gets a cold it tends to settle in his lungs more than any of the other kids.

We've never really had much money. We probably spend it as fast as it comes in. It seems like there is always someone trying to get their hands on our money, we haven't been able to save to much, but we still try to make do and keep everyone happy. My kids don't have the best of clothes, girls get their hair cuts by Heather, boys get buzzed. They have second hand clothes, but each one has their own style.

Mindee is like a tom boy, dressing in jeans and tee shirts. Doesn't get into skirts unless it's for something dressy or church and is quick to change when she can. Elijah likes to wear work out clothes, he is proud to be lifting weights to build up his body, but loves to dress up when he can and when he goes to church. Amanda is definitely a girly girl. She loves the dresses and dressing nice and loves that she is becoming a young woman. Shelley likes to dress up too, but can down play anything she wears and would be just as happy running and jumping in the mud. Randall, is still trying to come to his own, but is very sad that his favorite jacket was stolen at school. He had a Levi jacket that had Harry Potter's Grippedorf Owl on the back of it. Someone took it right from school.

Mindee is into Fox racing, Elijah is into WWE wrestling, Amanda is into boys and Jonas Brothers, Shelley loves Orlando Bloom and Randall loves Dora the Explorer.

As the kids grow, it's fun watching them all sprout into their own thing. It'll be sad to see Mindee move out on her own when she graduates this summer. By then she will have a good job and can afford to do it on her own, plus she has plenty of friends that will help out and move in together. Like all kids, they can't wait for the day when they can get out on their own and spread their wings, it'll be hard for me to let her do that. But in the end I must, I count the days when I can say good bye to Randall, and have an empty nest, then I can be able to do some things I've put off doing (11 years LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment