Saturday, May 9, 2009

HCG

Some may think that I'm taking a radical approach to my weight loss. I have chosen to try the "new" HCG weight loss plan. It has a very strict approach and it is very expensive. But I figure I have to do something to get myself healthy. It involves a daily shot of this hormone called HCG, basically hormone from the placenta of pregnant women. 40 days of shots in a series with 20 days of no shots, and a very strict diet, no more than 500 calories in a day and no pop, dairy, sugar or heavy starches. The cost for the 60 day plan is $600.

This is something I can't really afford, but have agreement from family and will do what it takes to have the money needed. They guarantee minimum of 1/2 lb loss to 1 lb loss per day. I know 2 people who are on the plan, and have lost an extreme amount of weight. Not all weight either. They both have lost a major amount of inches on their body. Both lost at least 5 inches around the waist alone. And have kept it off during their days off the shots. If I do that good, I will be in size of clothes I haven't been in for 5 years. That in itself will allow me to buy clothes off the rack again at walmart. I will go down 3 sizes in little over a month. Guys tend to loose more because of the hormones involved.

This will take a major lifestyle change from me. The hardest thing for me would be boredom from what I can eat. A lot of salads, 4 oz of protein, a lot of water, everything added up and never above 500 calories. 1 oz over 500 calories can render that day's loss useless. And pound for pound, I need all I the 1 lbs per day I can. It will take me at least 5 series I believe. About a year's time. Maybe less if I can do some major working out at the gym. I was told I couldn't do a lot of heavy workouts, but some cardio each day will do wonders. I did good for a month but due to the stress of moving I stopped going to the gym. I used that as an excuse. I pass by the gym several times a day, and it's paid for. I don't go. I need someone to push me to go. Each and every day, at least for 20 mins to 30 mins instead of watching TV. Or walk around the mobile home park I live in.

All in all, I'm looking forward begining this new aspect of my life within the next 3 weeks, after I get home from vacation. I wasn't going to try to do it while I was on vacation. I will have 2 partners in this. I have Jen and Wayne. They are the 2 I talked about earlier. Jen and I will be going to the same doctor, and Wayne goes to another doctor but gets the same results.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start my second round and for you to start your first round. I am almost positive that you will loose at least a pound if not more a day and you will probably loose more inches than I did. Its just not fair that men do better than woman do but O-well.

    ReplyDelete